STEP 1- Request access to NSS Discovery
If you have not yet requested access, but would like to: Click here
To Access NSS Discovery: you will make a request to access the system using the NSS User Access System (UAS)
- Select the word “Login”
- If you already have access to NSS System (like ACaDMe) enter your existing username & password (if you cannot remember your username
or password, please contact our helpdesk).
- If you have never logged into NSS UAS system before, you will need to request a “Username & Password”. To do this, click on the
“Register” button at the bottom of the blue box on the screen.
Part2: - Using your username & password you will receive; log back into the UAS and;
- Select the option “Request new Access” from the left hand side of the screen.
- Select “Discovery – tableau” service from the dropdown.
- Choose an appropriate access type e.g. – non confidential/potentially disclosive/
- Follow the remaining prompts to complete the registration.
- On completion of this, you will receive confirmation from the UAS letting you know if your access has been approved. Follow
STEP 2 to access NSS Discovery.
STEP 2 -LOGIN to NSS Discovery
If you already have been granted access: Click here
Using NSS Discovery:
- Once you have obtained appropriate authorisation through your Caldicott guardian, click on the LOGIN to access NSS Discovery (if you have still to request access to NSS
Discovery, please follow the steps highlighted in [STEP1]).
- You will be asked to enter your username and password (if you cannot remember your username or password, please contact our
- You will be presented with the introductory landing page. Click on the link at the bottom of this page to take you to the
- You will then be in the “NSS Discovery-Level 1-Overview”. On first entering the system, you should select
your NHS Board and appropriate location from the dropdown filters to render a data visualisation.
- You can choose to view the information by “NHS Board of Treatment” or “ NHS Board of Residence” by using
the radio button at the top of the screen
If you have any questions or queries regarding this, our helpdesk operates Monday to Thursday 09:00-16:30; Friday 09:00 to 15:30
except on public holidays.
Tel No: 0131 275 7050